Saturday, February 28, 2009

Just for us

I started this quilt about 3 years ago with a surprise fat quarter medley from Keepsake Quilting. I fell in love with the center panel and built my quilt around it. It is all my own design and is the largest project I've worked on. Needless to say, I do not think I am up to the task of quilting it. It will be sent out - hopefully soon! I can't bear to let it out of my house, but I will have to let go for a short time.

Some of the other fabrics are from my mother-in-law, some are from my mom. Most are from Abigail's Quilt shop. Those ladies were great helping me pick colors and fabrics!

The blocks across the top and bottom are modified broken dishes blocks. My great-grandmother had a similar design in a red and white quilt she made out of flour sacks sometime during the 30's or 40's. Her quilt has a sold color center, but I added the contrasting square. I'll get a picture of that next time. You can still read the labels!