Sunday, February 8, 2009

My own quilt retreat projects

I designed this bag at my mil's request for a bag to hold her scrapbooks for crops. She is very particular (just like me...) and it took me 6 months to even start cutting the fabrics!

Made this for my niece for an Easter gift. Quilted bags are big at her school and everyone loved the first one I did for her.

This was supposed to be a gift for a friend of mine, but I loved it so much, I couldn't give it away. It's also my first foray into free-motion quilting, so probably not good enough to gift anyways... well, that's what I told myself!

Ahhh - the bulk of my weekend was spent doing the sashing on this quilt. It was started as a BOM 2 years ago and I LOVE it! My son picked the colorway the first month so this will eventually be his. Because it's a BOM, I don't have much extra fabric, but it is asking to be bigger. I'll figure somehting out! I have to confess, some of the pros and the retreat really liked this one too. ;-)

I did work on two other small projects: the replacement baby quilt (see previous photo :) and a small Christmas gift bag. I'll take those pics soon. I had a few other gift bags cut out, but never did get around to finishing them. People were intrigued by my technique and the brand of interfacing I used. I'll take these again to do at retreat. I was hoping to finish several to sell at work. Maybe next time!